A Story of Faith, Hope, and Miracles

Monday, February 13, 2012

The Not-So-Camping "Camping Party"

Sweet Colin turned 5 on January 20th. As is his tradition since his real "birth" day snow came our way and turned one celebration into two to accommodate all his out of town family. Of course my January baby boy would want to go camping of all things for his birthday. So we compromised on a camping theme. I totally turned into a pinterest junkie. All the clever camp themed birthday party ideas were there!


Decor: Nature and outdoors




Food:
Menu Kids in a Blanket, Campfire Flames, Bug Juice, and Sweet Treats for all the Happy Campers :)















Best Birthday Cupcake Cake I have ever seen! River's Edge took my theme of camping and ran with it quite literally. I was super impressed :)


The rest is just pure fun!








Dear Colin,
We may not get to spend as much time with you as we wish but you will always hold a special place in our hearts. You were the only little baby we got to have without worrying you might have CF. Even before we knew for certain, our hearts told us. You are a miracle. A blessing. You are funny, outgoing but sometimes still shy. You pose silly in pictures and you spell things goofy. You call trail mix, mail trix and only suck your thumb when you have your green 'b'.

All joking aside, I thought I was going to pass out when the nurse announced you weighed ten pounds. You were a big boy with a huge heart! God knew we needed someone just like you to fit the pieces together. You keep us "normal" when life is too tough.




Your blue eyes are the windows to your soul. I could look in them then just like I can now and know exactly how you are feeling.


We love you. We can't imagine life without you.
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment