A Story of Faith, Hope, and Miracles

Monday, March 14, 2011

Scheduling, Schmeduling


Today I scheduled the kiddos follow-up appointments. Cooper needs to be seen in 2 weeks.
"When does he need to be seen?" I tell the receptionist "6 weeks from his last appointment on Feb. 18th." She responds with my least fav. answer-the next available time to see Dr. Green is...

Wait for it....
Wait for it...

"May." I stop listening. I have no idea what she said after the month. It really was not the answer I hoped for. So I ask to be put on the "call list" referring to our Dr.'s nursing staff to give me a call and to squeeze in an extra clinic day so that we can be seen in 6 weeks. And yes, I know it's my fault. I should have made the appointment the last time before we left clinic. But really after 3 hours of seeing the same paint color and playing referee to 4 kiddos 5 and under who just can not understand why blue medical clothes are on the wall for a purpose other than to be played with, I just wanted to get out of dodge! As soon as we leave we start all over again.

When was the last time you visited a doctor or had to be on a waiting list for that long? We've been going to the doctor more than you care to know.

Try scheduling 3 kids for 3 appointments. At the same time.
Yep, it's pretty much a nightmare.

No comments:

Post a Comment