A Story of Faith, Hope, and Miracles

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

550 hours

We plan our day events around CF treatments. They usually take us an hour and a half from start to finish. Add that up, we spend an average of 550 hours/year on therapy alone (and this is just when they are HEALTHY!) Yikes!



I would rather spend my 550 hours...
Drinking lattes
Playing with my kids
Taking long walks
Going on camping trips or vacations
Volunteering for CF
Teach piano lessons
Going on date nights with my hubby
Movie nights
praying :)
Tackling do-to lists
Shopping :)
Learn how to play the guitar
Reading
Exercising
Writing a book
Horseback riding
Learn how to barrel race
Sleeping
Getting all dressed up for no reason in particular
Raising money for CF
Organizing my life! Ha!
Writing a handwritten note to someone I care deeply about
Visiting the sick
Making a meal for those who can not
Spending time with loved ones
Driving my kids to practice, swim lessons, and fun events

I could probably think of a thousand different ways to spend 550 hours a year. But CF has chosen us to spend those hours with. What would you do with an extra 550 hours a year?

“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away”


“When I hear somebody sigh, "Life is hard," I am always tempted to ask, "Compared to what?" -Sydney J. Harris quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment