A Story of Faith, Hope, and Miracles

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Little Emptier



I have never personally known a person with CF who has passed away...until today.

We met Lauren 2 years ago at the Great Strides walk. She was a beautiful soul full of life and love for it. She was raising money like crazy for CF. Her mom even told us she had participated in a Pulmozyme study as a baby. Now it's a medicine that's changing the CF world.

But as brave as Lauren was at the age of 26 she also had a very real picture painted of the harsh reality of CF. She told us raising money for CF in hope a cure for her was not realistic. It was a fact that she knew. But she did it in the hope that newly diagnosed children would not have to face death.

Today, our "cyster" Lauren left this world. And it feels a little emptier. While we were friends on Facebook I can't say I really "knew" her. But I knew what she was about and how much she loved to change the world for the sake of our kiddos.

I know that CF is life-limiting but there is not way to describe the feeling when you "know" of a person who passes away who has battled CF. I choose my words very carefully. Because I will never say "passed away FROM CF." Everyone who battles any disease is never defeated. They have fought the good fight...

Breathe easy Lauren. We love you.

1 comment:

  1. God bless that beautiful young woman! She is an angel now and deserves an eternity of joy and peace with Christ. Sadly, I knew two beautiful souls who died of CF...a sister and brother who were former students of mine in Illinois. My "Mikey" died in 1980 at the age of 14 and his sister, Beth, died about 3 years ago at the age of 34. They continue to inspire me with their courage and firm belief that God was with them every second of their lives. I'm a better person for having known them...and for now knowing YOU, Tiffany, a most amazing young woman, wife, mother, and friend. God bless you!! Love, Margie

    ReplyDelete