A Story of Faith, Hope, and Miracles

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Soaking Up Summer



Cooper loves to smile! And he loves to cry. More than any of the other kiddos did. We're hoping he'll grow out of this "colicky" stage quickly, but in the meantime he's keeping us busy. And I'm trying to enjoy him even when he screams at the top of his lungs when I set him down for even just a second to help get a meal on the table or fold a load of laundry.

We've been trying to soak up the last bits of summer and make the most of the days we have left! Next week Cayden and Colin are coming with our church group to Mt. Olympus for the day. Then, it's back to school shopping for the boys. Cayden will be starting kindergarten and Colin PreK3 2 days a week. Time is going by too fast. Slow down, time!

Our family has been really blessed by the church ladies and families at St. John's who continue to make us delicious meals twice a week. It's a huge blessing to not be spending my time in the kitchen right now! But I do miss trying new recipes. It's not a priority for me right now. I just recently heard this analogy of replacing the phrase "I don't have time..." with "It isn't a priority..." The next time you catch yourself saying to someone "I don't have time..." replace it. It's a great way to reevaluate what you're saying. Example-I don't have time to play with my kids. It isn't a priority to play with my kids. Ouch.

Cayden and Trinity have their next 3 month CF appointments on the 13th. Cayden starts PFTS...so excited to see how he does! Cooper goes in for a follow-up the week after.

And as much as I love the beauty of all summer has to offer I'm really looking forward to fall (thanks Anne!). My plants are all dying, the weeds are overgrowing. I feel like apologizing to visitors for my overgrown flower beds and lack of energy to do anything about it. Simply put, it's a priority right now to love our kids! Enjoy the beautiful weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment