A Story of Faith, Hope, and Miracles

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Bring the Rain


Blessed is a man (or WOMAN in this case :)) who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him. James 1:12

Bring the rain is my favorite song by Mercy Me. If you've never heard it, youTube or godTube it right now! In fact, I'm listening to it as I blog right now.

It is exactly describes what I am feeling about life at the moment.

On Tuesday Cayden had a clinic visit for a CF study we are enrolling him in. Needless to say, it was a lot of information to take in, never mind it took 3 hours and 3 kids to get the info! I feel so confident in doing our part in CF research that it seemed like a no-brainer, but after the appointment I started having doubts about how we'll get through the next 38 days of poop samples, food diaries, and 2 more clinic visits to Madison.

If the study wasn't enough to take in that day, Cayden's regular doc "Dr. Green" paid us a visit to talk about Cayden's recent throat swab, a routine procedure at our CF visits. The results: Cayden is growing a type of pseudomonas. Translation for a CF kid-not good news. Psudomonas bacteria are resistant to antibiotics and may be permanent in Cayden's lungs. Not good. There are a few drugs that it may be susceptible to, but they also come with a large price tag. Dr. Green wants us to give the drug "Collistin" a try to see if we can beat this thing. Of course, it's not easy process either. Given nebulized means we'll be mixing sodium chloride, sterile water, and collistin each day with needled syringes. This is given twice a day in addition to his other neb., Pulmozyme. For those keeping score at home, that's 3 nebulizers every day for at least 30 days. If the treatment shows improvement in Cayden's cough or the bacteria is eradicated (gone) we'll be able to stop treatment sooner. If not, repeat.

Now all the above would be just about all one could handle, except we have Trinity to also be worried about. No kisses on the lips, no sharing food or utensils, good hand washing, and limiting Cayden's contact with her are just a few of the precautions we're taking in our household.

The silver lining? I haven't quite found it yet since Chris and I are also worried about the job market considering they are nearly plum out of work. His employers have promised to be super helpful if he's laid off since Chris holds our insurance and it's our only saving grace at this point. If and when he goes back to work he will be heading north (6.5 hours to be exact) and living out of a hotel room for 2 weeks at a time. Something I am NOT SO MUCH looking forward to.
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain!


Bring the Rain lyrics
I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise You with all that I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You
Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain

I am Yours regardless of
The dark clouds that may loom above
Because You are much greater than my pain
You who made a way for me
By suffering Your destiny
So tell me what's a little rain
So I pray

Holy, holy, holy
Is the Lord God Almighty

No comments:

Post a Comment