A Story of Faith, Hope, and Miracles

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christ Bless This Home


Happy New Year!

20+C+M+B+11
On the evening before Three Kings, traditionally there
were prayers, blessed dried herbs would be burnt and
their aromatic smell would fill the house. Doorways
would be sprinkled with holy water and the master of
the house would write with chalk C + M + B and the
year above the house and barn door and say: "Caspar,
Melchior, Balthasar, behütet uns auch für dieses Jahr,
vor Feuer und vor Wassergefahr." ("CMB, protect us
again this year from the dangers of fire and water.") C +
M + B has traditionally been translated with Caspar,
Melchior and Balthasar, however, according to the
Church it stands for "Christus Mansionem
Benedictat" (Christ bless this home).


We have been keeping busy with spending time with our families for Christmas, ringing in the New Year, baking new treats and dishes, and staying healthy.

Here's an extremely cute story to share: This past week our nieces and nephews came over for a movie night and play time with the kids. My 4 year old niece asked me "Aunt Tiffany, why is Colin the only one in your family that doesn't have to do therapy." It's amazing what details they notice.

ALL THE KIDS ARE BACK TO BASELINE with a minor exception of Cayden who is extremely close. A great way to start 2011.

Some bad news to start the new year: a Phase-3 study drug Denufusol did not show promising results. Read the CF Foundation's press release here.

It's a pretty big deal. Just two weeks ago at Cooper's appointment Dr. Green was talking about the possibility that if all went "as planned" for this drug it could be available in 2011 and could be an option for treatment. But there's still hope for the more than 30 other drugs in the pipeline. And that's why I'm so grateful to have the CF Foundation doing all the wonderful work they are in bringing new and innovative therapies to the pipeline constantly in the instance that one, like Denufusol doesn't pan out.

Cayden, Trinity and Cooper all return for check-ups in about 3 weeks. And we will FINALLY turn in Trinity's hyper tonic saline study after 48 grueling weeks. We'll have to celebrate that day for sure.

I know it's a tradition to look back at the close of the past year and reflect, but this year has been undoubtedly a roller coaster of ups and downs, twists and turns. So much that I feel like I haven't even gotten settled in the seat. I hate roller coasters. But I will say what amazing growth has taken place for me in just the past 8 months. 8 months ago I had no idea where the journey would lead our family.


This picture was taken a day before my entire world would change. Forever.

Dozens of medications, hospital stays, clinic appointments, hours of chest therapy and nebulizer treatments awaited me. I would have to leave my baby in the hospital while I returned home.



Not anything unknown. But certainly nothing I thought I was capable of. But here we are today. Cooper has certainly blessed our family.


And doesn't he make an adorable Bucky?

The Wise Men read the books, learned where to find Christ, and traveled for days to meet him. For us, he's a short drive away, in the tabernacle.

The Wise Men gave their best to God. Do we give our best time, best efforts, best talents? Or what we don't want anyway?

Much love-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment