A Story of Faith, Hope, and Miracles

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Completely and Totally in Awe

Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel
Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still
Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all
I can only imagine


These are the lyrics to the song Chris and I chose for our unity candle song on our wedding day. Caring for three small children with a life-threatening disease has given me more reason to believe that we picked this song not because it was popular at the time or that we thought of each other when we heard the first few lines. Lately, I can't help but think of the significance of this song in our lives at this particular moment in God's time, in God's plan for us. All this pain and suffering we are enduring is temporary. In heaven, we are promised to be glorified to complete perfection. And the sacrament of marriage points us to eternal life. It is a foreshadowing, a glimmer of the great love we will experience with our Maker.

I began this blog with the thought of "in awe."

It had nothing to do with the lyrics to "I Can Only Imagine."

It had everything to do with the generosity of our friends. I am completely and totally in awe of friends close and not-so close who have offered some pretty amazing things to our family right now. We seriously have the best friends. And I think after I explain why, you'll completely agree with me.

One friend has offered to help with laundry. Another, to watch my kids for an afternoon. And another, taking us out to dinner. And the friends who have offered their humble prayers, I can't even begin to count. If you're reading this and you're one of these friends: thank you from the bottoms of our hearts. We can never "repay" you, but you hold a special place in our hearts.

It's overwhelming how much God takes care of us sometimes. But he will not be out done in generosity. He continually finds ways to bless us for caring for these special children of His.

It's getting late and tomorrow my baby turns 5. Wow, five! Everyone said the time would fly by and they were right. 5 years ago I was changed forever. And tomorrow I'll change again. Thank you God, for blessing our family with the gift of Cayden. I've leave you with this poem that I keep on our fridge. It is near and dear to my heart. It is what I hope to live every day.

Special Child

by Sharon Harris

You weren't like other children,
And God was well aware,
You'd need a caring family,
With love enough to share.

And so He sent you to us,
And much to our surprise,
You haven't been a challenge,
But a blessing in disguise.

Your winning smiles and laughter,
The pleasures you impart,
Far outweigh your special needs,
And melt the coldest heart.

We're proud that we've been chosen,
To help you learn and grow,
The joy that you have brought us,
Is more than you can know.

A precious gift from Heaven,
A treasure from above,
A child who's taught us many things,
But most of all - "Real Love"


Cayden, may all your dreams come true. I love you! -Mommy




No comments:

Post a Comment