A Story of Faith, Hope, and Miracles

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I'm Glad There's a Drug for That!


Last night, a commercial came on during "Here Comes the Newlyweds" (the only new reality series I can stand that actually has decent morals) for a eyelash prescription. My reaction: "I'm glad there's a drug for that!" Seriously. We have diseases like CYSTIC FIBROSIS, cancer, diabetes, parkinson's alzheimer's, etc. BUT we have a NEW drug to cure thinning eyelashes. I am very excited. Now I will have fuller, darker eyelashes.

Cayden is visiting his grandma in Fennimore this week so I have nearly a "medicine-free" week other than Trinity's therapy and medicines. I feel like I might get a whole lot accomplished with an extra hour a day on my plate. We had a great 4th of July and celebrated Cayden's third birthday. It has been 4 years on July 13th that we learned Cayden had cystic fibrosis. And I will never forget the quote on our Mother Theresa calendar I read that very morning before learning the diagnosis: "Sacrifice, to be real, must cost; it must hurt, it must empty us of self."

In church work I'm wrapping up details on this summer's youth trip to St. Paul, MN for the Steubenville North Conference. I am much in need of a retreat myself!



Happy Feast Day to St. Maria Goretti
patron saint of youth and especially for purity
Maria died at the young age of 12 after refusing to give in to sexual advances from her neighbor. She is a beautiful witness of the strength to overcome temptation especially for young women and men in today's culture.

St. Maria, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment